माननीय आयुक्त डा. सावित्री थापा गुरुङ
माननीय आयुक्त डा. सावित्री थापा गुरुङ
अख्तियार दुरूपयोग अनुसन्धान आयोग
Present Address 187 Chandan Marga, Ghattekulo -32, Kathmandu, Nepal,
Birthplace Phulbari-8, Chitawan, Nepal
Permanent Address Chinamakhu-4, Bhojpur, Nepal
Date of Birth 5 April 1960
Marital Status Married
- PhD on: Political Science, Center for Political Studies, School of Social Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, 110067, INDIA, 2012,
- M.A. in Public Policy, Murdoch University, Perth, WA, AUSTRALIA, January 2003,
- Bachelor of Law, Tribhuvan University, NEPAL, 1999,
- P.G.D. Post Graduate Diploma in Population a Sustainable Development, University of Botswana. BOTSWANA, 1998,
- Summer Course in International Development Studies, International Summer School, University of Oslo, NORWAY, 1988,
- B.Ed. in Educational Administration, Tribhuvan University, NEPAL, 1984,
- M. A. in Political Science, Tribhuvan University, NEPAL, 1983.
- Associate Professor (from October 2009 to 2015) and Lecturer (from July 1990 to October 2009), Department of Political Science, Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal,
- Worked as a member in ‘State Restructuring Recommendation High-Level Commission’ from November 2011 to January 2012, Government of Nepal. Its main responsibility was to recommend about federating the country, this high-level commission was a constitutional commission which had been created according the Article 138 ‘2’ of Interim Constitution 2007.
Other Work Experiences (Selected)
- Worked as a part-time consultant in (UNDP/DFID) on ‘manifesto analysis of major political parties’ (December 013/February 2014) and ‘consensus and contentious issues in dissolved constituent assembly’ (October 2012-November 2013),
- Worked as part-time member/consultant (DFID) on three members evaluation team to evaluate ‘Janajati Empowerment Project’ from 16th Sept to 29th December 2008,
- Part-time consultant in National Planning Commission/DFID to develop ‘Social Inclusion’ chapter for three-year interim plan, throughout March/June 2007,
- Research Associate, Evaluation of the User's Point of View of Natural Family Planning Programme in Dolkha and Kathmandu, Conducted by Family Planning Association of Nepal and Integrated Hill Dev. Programme/Swiss Development Cooperation, June and July 1990,
- Research Associate, Research Center for Economic Development and Administration (CEDA), Tribhuvan University, Kirtipur, Kathmandu, Nepal, Feb.1983 July 1984.
Research Articles (Nepali)
- Sambidhan Sarokar: Sahamati ra Asahamatika Muddaharu, Chintan, Year 16, No 1, Chaitra 2070.
- Nirbachan Paddati: Uthaune Bisaya ra dhyan nadieko Prakritik Shrotko bisaya, Hamro Sampada, Year 13, No. 10, Magh 2070.
- Mahila Adhikar Praptima Mangala Devi Singko Yogdan: ek Samikchhya, UNMESH’, No. 14, Magh 2070 (Jan-Feb, 2014).
- Nirbachan Pranali tatha Mahila Pratinidhittoko Sunischitata, Hamro Sampada, Year 12, No. 9, Magh 2069.
Other Research Articles (in English)
- Equitable Justice in Education, Voyage a Journal from English Department, RRL campus, TU. 2014
- Small Technology: What is its Relevance for Developing Countries? Hamro Sampada, Year 13, No. 11, Chaitra 2070/2013
- Higher Education and Social Justice in Nepal’, SASC, UOR, vol.48, no1, January- June, 2013.
- Mr. Lee Kuan Yew view's on' Democracy’ Unmesh. January 2008.Gender Discrimination in Nepal, Itihas Prabaha, Journal, Vol II, Year II, March 2007.
- India's Response to the Bhutanese Refugee Issue: An Analysis, Public Administration Journal, Vol XXII & XXIII December 2004/ July 2005.
- Nepalese Concern on Bhutanese Refugees: A Study of Local Level Impact, Sahabhagita, The Journal of Local Self- Governance and Development, Vol 6-7; No. 1-2, November 2004, Local Development Training Academy.
- General Trends of India's Foreign Policy: An Analysis, Humanities and Social Sciences Journal, Vol. III, No.3, 2004.
- The Origin of Bhutanese Refugees Issue: An Analysis, Public Administration Journal, Vol XXI & XXII December 2003/ July 2004.
- Is Small Still Beautiful for Developing Countries, Bikas: A Journal of Development, National Planning Commission, Vol 24, March 2004.
- The Middle Class: as a force for Democracy in Asia, Nepali Journal of Contemporary Studies, Vol. III. No. 2, September 2003.
- Critical evaluation of Multinationals Corporations: on its ruling aptitude, Humanities and Social Sciences Journal, Vol. II, No.2, July 2003.
- A comparative Study of Health Policy in Singapore and Nepal, Public Administration Journal, Vol XVIII & XVIV December 2002/ July 2003.
- UGC Scholarship 2007
- AusAID Scholarship 2000
- UNFPA Scholarship 1997
- NORAD Fellowship 1988
Norway, Sweden, South Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, China, Bangladesh, Botswana, Australia, India, United Kingdom and Pakistan